Here are some questions people commonly ask us, listed by topic. To view the answer, click on the question.
Blue Prism awards digital badges to successful exam candidates via the Acclaim platform - electronic or paper certificates are no longer issued. If you are successful in your exam you will receive an email notification from Acclaim with instructions for claiming your badge on https://www.youracclaim.com.
Badges are no longer stored on the portal, they are stored on the Acclaim platform. Please log in to your Acclaim account to view/download your badge.
For information on how to share your digital badge please check out the below link.
For more information on digital badges, please check out the below link.
For more information on how to accept your digital badge, please check out the below link.
Unfortunately, to protect the integrity of our exams, we cannot provide feedback for individual questions.
Technical Architect, ROM Architect and the Installation Engineer exams do not need any pre-authorization.
Please contact https://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/Clients/Blue-Prism/Customer-service.aspx to reset your password.
Please allow up to 7 days for your details to migrate over to Pearson Vue. If it has been longer than 7 days, please email [email protected] and we will look in to this.
For individual pricing and any other certification relevant questions, please read over our 'Sitting an Exam' guide which can be located under the 'Documents' section of the portal.
For more information on verifying your digital badge, please see the below link.
As the response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve rapidly, authorities around the globe are responding to the situation with stricter measures that changes the landscape in which we operate.
For the latest updates please visit here.
Pearson VUE continues to deliver exams to third-party test centers that are operational. To find these test centers, please visit Pearson Vue test center page and contact the test center directly.
Please refer to Pearson Vue Coronavirus Update Page for additional details and the most up-to-date information on test delivery in specific regions.
Your information first needs to be updated in your Blue Prism Portal account. Once you have saved your updated information, please wait up to 48 hours for this to reflect in Pearson Vue.
For more information on rescheduling an exam, please check out the below link.
To learn more about accommodations, please check out the Pearson Vue website.
For more information on failed exams, please read over the Pearson Vue website.
Please visit https://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/Clients/Blue-Prism/Customer-service.aspx, use the 'Forgot My Password' link and follow the password reset instructions.
Please follow this link to learn more about our Learning Edition license.
To gain Blue Prism Academia membership, your institution should meet these qualifications:
- Must be formally accredited by a public or other governing body.
- Must be a degree, diploma, and certificate-granting institution.
- Must be a non-profit institution that does not charge students on a per-class basis to receive Blue Prism training.
We have several features that allow our program to benefit your students and your institution:
- Bridging the gap between education and employment.
- Provide enhanced learning and world-class training, to the next generation of learners.
- Easy online enrolment for qualifying institutions—at no cost.
- Well-rounded curriculum designed to position students for cutting-edge RPA jobs.
- Multiple courseware formats.
- Content is available in six (6) languages for most courses.
- Access to the Blue Prism University Learning Community, which introduces students and instructors to subject matter experts on RPA technologies.
Because we believe that closing the technology skills gap is vital to the future of enterprise software, we offer Blue Prism Academia course content at no cost to qualifying educational institutions.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Blue Prism Academia Program. Together we will strive for a wonderful future and exciting career. To be part of our program, educators need to meet the below requirements:
- Assign 1 to 2 educators committed to teaching RPA to your students.
- Deliver a minimum of one formal class annually.
- Include at least one course in your regular curriculum either as required or elective.
If you are interested in collaborating with Blue Prism University Academia Program we invite you to start by submitting the Educator Information Form. We will get back to you within 5 working days.
To kick-start your Blue Prism journey, follow these 3 easy steps:
- Create your Portal Account
- Request your license
- Download & install the product
1. Create your Blue Prism University Portal account
- Register for a Blue Prism portal account using your school email address at portal.blueprism.com.
- Click the password link in your registration email (hint: email will come from “ro.bot”).
- Click the “Log In” button.
- Set your new password.
- Scroll down to Fill out your profile information.
- Make sure to click the “Save” button!
- You will see a green ribbon and message indicating changes have been saved.
- Scroll up and click the “University” menu item (hint: you can now login in at portal.blueprism.com).
- Click the “Training Offering (via LMS)" option.
2. Now you request your free Learning Edition License
- Click the “Learning Edition” option.
- Click the “Get License” menu button.
- Click the “Get Learning Edition” button.
- Fill out and submit the request form.
- You will receive an autogenerated email with the License Key and information about the 90-day free license. Hint: the email will come from [email protected].
- Make sure to download and save the attached license file.
- The download will be in “C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\<your name>.lic” unless you specified another folder.
3. Now you can download and install Blue Prism
- Click the enclosed link to download the Learning Product (https://portal.blueprism.com/products/trial).
- You may have to log into the portal if you had logged out.
- Click the download button.
- The download will be in “C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\BluePrismLearning6.6.msi” unless you specified another folder.
- Double click BluePrismLearning6.6.msi and follow the prompts to install.
- When prompted for the license, simply navigate or paste in the path to the previously save .lic file, i.e. “C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\<your name>.lic”.
Yes, students and Educators are provided with a participation certificate upon successfully completing all the course sections and the self-test through Blue Prism University LMS.
All Blue Prism professional certification exams are scheduled and taken in person at an authorised Pearson VUE test centre. Once you have successfully passed one of our exams, the Blue Prism Digital Badging program allows you to receive a digital badge.
Learn more about individual Blue Prism certification exams here:
To find your nearest test centre location and schedule your exam appointment, please visit:
Blue Prism curriculum is built with input from development, support, and field consulting teams to help educational institutions keep pace with RPA industry demands. The curriculum offers hands-on instruction across the platform, giving students the opportunity to learn practical skills based on used cases from enterprise implementations.
Blue Prism Academia course content and certifications are the same as those offered by Blue Prism University.
Blue Prism University offers an Enterprise product to help you become familiar with Blue Prism software. Blue Prism tools can be downloaded in two steps.
Step: 1 - Learning Edition:
- A feature limited installation of Blue Prism.
- A free 90-day license.
- This works only on an individual personal laptop or personal desktop.
To support the above edition, we provide free access to our product documentation, training materials, and Blue Prism Learning Community.
Ensure your device meets the minimum requirements:
- Intel Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Minimum 10GB free disk space (after install of Operating System and standard software)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or 10 (64-bit)
- .NET Framework 4.7
Step 2 - Training License:
- A feature limited installation of Blue Prism.
- A free 12 months license.
- This works only on institution computer lab systems.
To support the above training license, we provide free access to our product documentation, training materials, and Blue Prism Learning Community.
Ensure your device meets the minimum requirements:
- Intel Processor should be x64 with a minimum speed of 1.4 GHz but ideally 2.0 GHz or faster.
- Step One - Install SQL Server Express (which is the free version) 2016 or 2017 in all the systems. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/sql-server/sql-server-editions-express).
- Step Two - Install v6.2 for local training. Please go to University Portal > Product > Previous Releases. Install Blue Prism 6.2 > x64.msi. (https://portal.blueprism.com/products/previous).
- Step Three - Install foundation training setup – It can be found at LMS > Blue Prism Foundation Training Section 1: Foundation Training Setup Guide.
- Step Four – Blue Prism Academia Program Manager to share the training license with the educator.
You can recover your login, reset your password, or contact customer service for further assistance, all from the main Blue Prism Portal page on:
You may have used a very old version of the Foundation Training. Blue Prism no longer review the consolidation exercise. Since the Foundation Training has been updated since, please complete the current version of the Foundation Training available in the Blue Prism LMS (Learning Management System). In section 11 is the consolidation exercise example you can use to review your consolidation exercise answers.
You can locate our learning material via LMS - click on the Training Offering icon which will take you straight to the learning portal.
The Example Solution can be found on the LMS along with the other Consolidation Exercise resources.
You will find a quick survey at the end of each course on the LMS. Please fill it out with as much feedback as possible. Thank you!
Please post your question in Learning Community and your fellow community members will reach out!
Blue Prism Foundation Training is a stand-alone course, providing a comprehensive introduction to all key concepts and activities associated with Blue Prism Process configuration. If you wish to continue your training, you can continue with Blue Prism Developer Certification learning plan.
No, the Foundation Training is aimed at beginners and provides entry-level instruction regarding all aspects of a Blue Prism Process Solution.
The Blue Prism Learning Management System (LMS) can be accessed from the Portal under the University tab.
There are two training course modules available:
- Surface Automation - Basic Training which takes approximately 6-8 hours to complete.
- Surface Automation - Advanced Training which takes approximately 16-20 hours to complete.
For a full suite of Surface Automation training information, including the 'Introduction to Surface Automation' document please go to LMS.
Blue Prism uses a Microsoft SQL Server database as a repository for most data, such as processes, logs, audit, and user information. To keep the installation and setup simple, we deploy Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express LocalDB for you as part of the Blue Prism Learning Edition.
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 is supported on Windows 8.1 and above and is only available as a 64-bit installation. Therefore, the minimum requirement for Blue Learning Edition is a 64-bit installation of Windows 8.1 or above.
Please select the below link in order to learn more about which desktop browsers are supported by Docebo.