Here are our frequently asked questions and their answers, listed by topic. To view the answer, click on the question.
To gain Blue Prism Academia membership, your institution should meet these qualifications:
- Must be formally accredited by a public or other governing body.
- Must be a degree, diploma, and certificate-granting institution.
- Must be a non-profit institution that does not charge students on a per-class basis to receive Blue Prism training.
We have several features that allow our program to benefit your students and your institution:
- Bridging the gap between education and employment.
- Provide enhanced learning and world-class training, to the next generation of learners.
- Easy online enrolment for qualifying institutions—at no cost.
- Well-rounded curriculum designed to position students for cutting-edge RPA jobs.
- Multiple courseware formats.
- Content is available in six (6) languages for most courses.
- Access to the Blue Prism University Learning Community, which introduces students and instructors to subject matter experts on RPA technologies.
Because we believe that closing the technology skills gap is vital to the future of enterprise software, we offer Blue Prism Academia course content at no cost to qualifying educational institutions.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Blue Prism Academia Program. Together we will strive for a wonderful future and exciting career. To be part of our program, educators need to meet the below requirements:
- Assign 1 to 2 educators committed to teaching RPA to your students.
- Deliver a minimum of one formal class annually.
- Include at least one course in your regular curriculum either as required or elective.
If you are interested in collaborating with Blue Prism University Academia Program we invite you to start by submitting the Educator Information Form. We will get back to you within 5 working days.
To kick-start your Blue Prism journey, follow these 3 easy steps:
- Create your Portal Account
- Request your license
- Download & install the product
1. Create your Blue Prism University Portal account
- Register for a Blue Prism portal account using your school email address at portal.blueprism.com.
- Click the password link in your registration email (hint: email will come from “ro.bot”).
- Click the “Log In” button.
- Set your new password.
- Scroll down to Fill out your profile information.
- Make sure to click the “Save” button!
- You will see a green ribbon and message indicating changes have been saved.
- Scroll up and click the “University” menu item (hint: you can now login in at portal.blueprism.com).
- Click the “Training Offering (via LMS)" option.
2. Now you request your free Learning Edition License
- Click the “Learning Edition” option.
- Click the “Get License” menu button.
- Click the “Get Learning Edition” button.
- Fill out and submit the request form.
- You will receive an autogenerated email with the License Key and information about the 90-day free license. Hint: the email will come from [email protected].
- Make sure to download and save the attached license file.
- The download will be in “C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\<your name>.lic” unless you specified another folder.
3. Now you can download and install Blue Prism
- Click the enclosed link to download the Learning Product (https://portal.blueprism.com/products/trial).
- You may have to log into the portal if you had logged out.
- Click the download button.
- The download will be in “C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\BluePrismLearning6.6.msi” unless you specified another folder.
- Double click BluePrismLearning6.6.msi and follow the prompts to install.
- When prompted for the license, simply navigate or paste in the path to the previously save .lic file, i.e. “C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\<your name>.lic”.
Yes, students and Educators are provided with a participation certificate upon successfully completing all the course sections and the self-test through Blue Prism University LMS.
All Blue Prism professional certification exams are scheduled and taken in person at an authorised Pearson VUE test centre. Once you have successfully passed one of our exams, the Blue Prism Digital Badging program allows you to receive a digital badge.
Learn more about individual Blue Prism certification exams here:
To find your nearest test centre location and schedule your exam appointment, please visit:
Blue Prism curriculum is built with input from development, support, and field consulting teams to help educational institutions keep pace with RPA industry demands. The curriculum offers hands-on instruction across the platform, giving students the opportunity to learn practical skills based on used cases from enterprise implementations.
Blue Prism Academia course content and certifications are the same as those offered by Blue Prism University.
Blue Prism University offers an Enterprise product to help you become familiar with Blue Prism software. Blue Prism tools can be downloaded in two steps.
Step: 1 - Learning Edition:
- A feature limited installation of Blue Prism.
- A free 90-day license.
- This works only on an individual personal laptop or personal desktop.
To support the above edition, we provide free access to our product documentation, training materials, and Blue Prism Learning Community.
Ensure your device meets the minimum requirements:
- Intel Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Minimum 10GB free disk space (after install of Operating System and standard software)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or 10 (64-bit)
- .NET Framework 4.7
Step 2 - Training License:
- A feature limited installation of Blue Prism.
- A free 12 months license.
- This works only on institution computer lab systems.
To support the above training license, we provide free access to our product documentation, training materials, and Blue Prism Learning Community.
Ensure your device meets the minimum requirements:
- Intel Processor should be x64 with a minimum speed of 1.4 GHz but ideally 2.0 GHz or faster.
- Step One - Install SQL Server Express (which is the free version) 2016 or 2017 in all the systems. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/sql-server/sql-server-editions-express).
- Step Two - Install v6.2 for local training. Please go to University Portal > Product > Previous Releases. Install Blue Prism 6.2 > x64.msi. (https://portal.blueprism.com/products/previous).
- Step Three - Install foundation training setup – It can be found at LMS > Blue Prism Foundation Training Section 1: Foundation Training Setup Guide.
- Step Four – Blue Prism Academia Program Manager to share the training license with the educator.
You can recover your login, reset your password, or contact customer service for further assistance, all from the main Blue Prism Portal page on:
Our worldwide network of Authorized Training Partners delivers flexible, role-based, customized, public and private training that prepares learners to achieve the most desirable, industry certifications available.
If you wish to apply for the Authorized Training Partner Program, please use this link.
Blue Prism awards digital badges to successful exam candidates via the Acclaim platform - electronic or paper certificates are no longer issued. If you are successful in your exam you will receive an email notification from Acclaim with instructions for claiming your badge on https://www.youracclaim.com.
Badges are no longer stored on the portal, they are stored on the Acclaim platform. Please log in to your Acclaim account to view/download your badge.
For more information on digital badges, please check out the below link.
For more information on how to accept your digital badge, please check out the below link.
You can find the score for your exams by logging into your account. Unfortunately, to protect the integrity of our exams, we cannot provide feedback for individual questions.
You no longer need pre-authorization from Blue Prism to schedule your exams. You can go directly to the Pearson Vue website and book the exam yourself.
Exam pre-requisites will still apply, so candidates will need to check these for their particular exams before booking
As the response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve rapidly, authorities around the globe are responding to the situation with stricter measures that changes the landscape in which we operate.
For the latest updates please visit here.
Pearson VUE continues to deliver exams to third-party test centers that are operational. To find these test centers, please visit Pearson Vue test center page and contact the test center directly.
Please refer to Pearson Vue Coronavirus Update Page for additional details and the most up-to-date information on test delivery in specific regions.
Candidates are responsible for keeping up to date on the coronavirus updates for their test center.
In order to sit an exam, you will need to provide your ID at the start of the exam.
The name displayed on your Pearson Vue account must match the name on your ID to gain entry to the exam.
However you do not need your middle name listed, only your first and last names need to match.
You can update most of your information by logging into your Pearson Vue account using this link. However you will not be able to update your name or email address yourself, you will need to contact Pearson Vue support for further assistance.
If you have any issues updating your Pearson Vue details, please contact Pearson Vue directly using the information at this link.
To join Blue Prism University, you first need to create a portal account. You can create your account using the link below.
Once you created your account and logged in, simply select 'Training offerings - (Via LMS)' under the 'University' tab to access our training content.
For more information on rescheduling an exam, please check the Pearson Vue website link below for full details.
Please refer to your original appointment confirmation email to see whether there are any fees or deadlines for rescheduling or cancelling your exam.
Test accommodations are personalized and considered on a case-by-case basis and you will need to provide supporting documentation. To request an accommodation - 30 minutes extra time added to your exam - please email [email protected] providing your Pearson Vue ID and the exam you wish to take. We will then advise you if an accommodation is available.
We will not provide any refunds, credits or other adjustments if we advise you that an accommodation is not available after you register for or take an exam.
Please note that accommodations will not be granted if the exam is available in your language.
Please do not register for an exam until your accommodation has been confirmed by Blue Prism.
A re-sit cannot be taken until at least 30 days after a failed exam. This applies to all exams.
- For the Blue Prism Professional Developer (ADP01) exam, you must have first passed the Blue Prism Developer (AD01) exam at least six months earlier.
- For the Designing Blue Prism Process Solutions (ASD01) exam, you must first have passed the Blue Prism Developer (AD01) exam.
Please note that you will need to pay the exam fee to retake the exam.
You can find more information about our trial licenses using the below link.
Payment can be completed via the Pearson Vue website when booking your exam. Pearson Vue accept credit and debit cards (Visa, Master Card).
NOTE: Pearson VUE do not accept credit card payments in the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Uganda.
Please contact Pearson Vue for more information on payment.
Online exams are now available for all of our exams through Pearson Vue. When you book your exam, select the exam ending in _OP to select the online version of this exam.
Once you have booked your exam, check your confirmation email to ensure that your exam has been booked for the online version so any issues can be resolved before you take your exam.
If you have any issues scheduling an online exam, please contact Pearson Vue directly for further assistance.
An online exam is similar to a regular exam with a few exceptions. Click on the link below to find further information on what to expect including a short video and frequently asked questions about the experience.
Be sure to be prepared before you take your exam. It is the candidates responsibility to ensure they have the correct set up before the exam starts.
If you have any questions or issues with your OnVUE set up, please contact Pearson Vue directly at the link below.
Pearson Vue uses the OnVUE online proctoring system which allows you to take an exam securely from your home. To find out more information about how to run a system test before you take your exam, click on the link below for details.
It is the exam takers responsibility to ensure they are prepared to take an online exam before the exam starts.
In an older version of the Foundation Training, you would have your consolidation exercises reviewed.Blue Prism no longer review the consolidation exercises as the Foundation Training has been updated.
Please ensure you are taking the current version of Foundation Training in the Blue Prism LMS (Learning Management System). In section 11 is the consolidation exercise example you can use to review your consolidation exercise answers.
In the Blue Prism Foundation training, in section 11 is the consolidation exercise example you can use to review your consolidation exercise answers.
You will find a quick survey at the end of each course on the LMS. Please fill it out with as much feedback as possible. Thank you!
You can find loads of resources in our Blue Prism Community. You can post questions, help others with their questions and find some general information in our community pages. Use the link below to get to our community page to sign up and start contributing!
Blue Prism Foundation Training is a stand-alone course, providing a comprehensive introduction to all key concepts and activities associated with Blue Prism Process configuration. If you wish to continue your training, check out our Blue Prism Certification paths for more information.
The Foundation Training is aimed at beginners and provides entry-level instruction regarding all aspects of a Blue Prism Process Solution. You do not need any special skills or previous knowledge of Blue Prism in order to take this class.
The Blue Prism Learning Management System (LMS) can be accessed from the Portal under the University tab.
There are two training course modules available:
- Surface Automation - Basic Training which takes approximately 6-8 hours to complete.
- Surface Automation - Advanced Training which takes approximately 16-20 hours to complete.
For a full suite of Surface Automation training information, including the 'Introduction to Surface Automation' document please go to LMS.
Blue Prism uses a Microsoft SQL Server database as a repository for most data, such as processes, logs, audit, and user information. To keep the installation and setup simple, we deploy Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express LocalDB for you as part of the Blue Prism Learning Edition.
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 is supported on Windows 8.1 and above and is only available as a 64-bit installation. Therefore, the minimum requirement for Blue Learning Edition is a 64-bit installation of Windows 8.1 or above.
Please select the below link in order to learn more about which desktop browsers are supported by Docebo.