Test Analysts are responsible for identifying test conditions,creating test cases and assisting on test execution and validation of test results.
This page outlines the responsibilities and aptitudes required for the skill. This spec is intended to assist in the selection of the appropriate resource from your organization.
- Identifying and breaking down all necessary tasks to test an automated process
- Designing and setting up test environments either alone or as part of a team
- Requirement analysis and design test cases based on user requirements specification and system specification
- Testing Blue Prism process solutions in accordance with standard Blue Prism design principles and conventions
- Identify errors and provide feedback to developers
- Communicating with Blue Prism on related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the Blue Prism community
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating test progress and any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly.
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A testing background
- Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualise it as an automated solution
- Ability to understand a system given its technical specification
- Experience in requirement analysis and design/ development of manual and automation tests
- Knowledge of integration/test methods (integration test, regression test, compatibility test, pen test etc.), techniques and tools
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise test cases
- Knowledge of Blue Prism not a pre-requisite for this role as full training will be provided
- A good understanding and knowledge of software delivery methodologies (i.e. AGILE, Waterfall, V Model).
*Responsibilities may vary between organisations and these are meant as a guideline
Blue Prism University provides mature upskilling paths for all roles with formal certificates for the principal roles