Support Analysts are responsible for providing first line support for the Blue Prism production processes.
This page outlines the responsibilities, technical skills and aptitudes required for the skill. This spec is intended to assist in the selection of the appropriate resource from your organization.
- Provide first line support for the Blue Prism processes
- Understand the business processes in detail where required
- Configure Blue Prism processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Record and try to solve issues that arise on Blue Prism processes that are live
- Support existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- Mentor colleagues through the Blue Prism training and certification program – provide advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of Blue Prism processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required
- Communicate with Blue Prism on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the Blue Prism community
- Work within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- A strong software background.
- A track record in the successful delivery and support of excel macros, Visual Basic scripts or other configuration/scripting type technology is advantageous
- Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with hands-on configuration of automated processes in the Blue Prism product
- Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualise it as an automated solution
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Knowledge of Blue Prism not a pre-requisite for this role as full training will be provided
- A good understanding and knowledge of software delivery methodologies (i.e. AGILE, Waterfall, V Model).
*Responsibilities may vary between organisations and these are meant as a guideline
- Developer jumpstart.
- Consider key elements of the Delivery Methodology.
- Find out about Blue Prism Customer Support.
- Build best practice.
- Understanding Solution Design.
- Check out the Digital Exchange .
- Our How to Guides are available under the Documents section of this portal, and can also be found here.
- BLUE PRISM COMMUNITY FORUM - share knowledge with other Support Analysts.
Blue Prism University provides mature upskilling paths for all roles with formal certificates for the principal roles.