Head of RPA
The Head of RPA is the face and voice of robotic process automation within the organization. This senior role is responsible for the RPA program and evangelizing across all levels of the organization to optimize the efficiency and benefits of RPA.
This page outlines the responsibilities, technical skills and aptitudes required for the skill. This spec is intended to assist in the selection of the appropriate resource from your organization.
- Own the operating model for the delivery of high quality and consistent automated processes in line with operational requirements
- Drive greater understanding of the skills and services provided by the RPA capability through product demonstrations, operating model presentations and demand generation workshops
- Evaluating and validating candidate processes against the business strategy and suitability for automation
- Prioritising process pipeline to deliver automation in a cost-effective manner and against business requirements
- Operational accountability for the delivery of automated processes according to agreed timescales
- Accountability for service management in line with operational KPIs
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of performance and benefits to all stakeholders
- Managing resistance, including both business and technical challenges
- Accountable for delivering performance and continuous improvement
- Managing the relationship with IT to deliver a stable and scalable technology platform that is fit for purpose
- Engagement with business and IT change management teams to proactively manage operational and system changes to maintain service delivery
- Internal and external escalation point for operations, IT and third parties.
- Successful delivery of business transformation or IT programmes
- Experience managing multi-functional operational teams
- Strong stakeholder management up to board level
- Confident and assured communicator, with ability to manage and overcome resistance
- Experienced facilitator with track record of delivering target business outcomes
- Previous experience of process improvement or operational excellence would be advantageous
- A proven Change Manager/leader, with the drive and enthusiasm to revolutionise the way an Organisation can build and utilise their RPA Capability
- Capacity to plan, coordinate and drive the implementation of RPA Vision
- Proven track record of implementing and building Organisational Changes – both operationally and technically
- Strong communication and consulting skills, in particular, stakeholder building and management. Liaise with senior level external supplier and internal stakeholder representatives in a rational and measured manner to communicate project progress, issues, risks and solutions
- Ability to coach and motivate teams to think differently.
- An understanding of, and experience in Business Change Management and Transformational Change
- A good background in strategy theory (i.e. defining reporting and monitoring KPIs, building business cases etc)
- Experience of project management, and delivery methodologies such as AGILE, Waterfall and V Model
- A software engineer, computer science, or IT background
- A good understanding of process mapping and continuous improvement methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma and BPR.
*Responsibilities may vary between organizations and these are meant as a guideline
Blue Prism University provides mature upskilling paths for all roles with formal certificates for the principal roles