The Blue Prism solution provides a platform for resources from the business operations or IT teams to deliver self-service process automations on an IT supported, secure and resilient infrastructure.
Technical Architects have responsibility for providing solutions that integrate all technical aspects of the Blue Prism infrastructure with existing architectures, including networks, virtual environments and security frameworks.
This page outlines the responsibilities, technical skills and aptitudes required for the skill. This spec is intended to assist in the selection of the appropriate resource from your organization.
- Designing Blue Prism architecture solutions in accordance with standard Blue Prism architecture principles and conventions
- Configuring new Blue Prism environments that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Assisting ROM Architects, Head of RPA and Developers in fully understanding the implications of IT infrastructure and, if necessary, assisting in making informed decisions
- Working with various stakeholders to ensure access and security profiles meet the needs of the solution and all policies/restrictions in place
- Identifying new technical integration solutions and accurately analysing and estimating new architectures and quickly assessing feasibility
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements as required
- Creating and maintaining architectural documentation
- Supporting existing Blue Prism architecture and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- Assisting in the resolution of infrastructure issues impacting the Blue Prism platform. Providing timely responses and solutions as required
- Communicating with Blue Prism on architecture related issues, suggesting improvements and participating with other users in the Blue Prism community
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- An aptitude of continuous education on new technologies.
- A solid understanding of Blue Prism architecture
- Experience and knowledge of system engineering and IT architectures
- A strong IT background including virtualized environments, database provisioning and maintenance, secure networks
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Knowledge and experience of software delivery methodologies (i.e. AGILE, Waterfall, V Model)
- A good understanding of new technologies.
*Responsibilities may vary between organizations and these are meant as a guideline
.Blue Prism University provides mature upskilling paths for all roles with formal certificates for the principal roles